FRC training is based on clearly defined phases:-
- Pre-course learning is classroom or Computer Based Training (CBT)
- Courses are a mix of theory and practical hands-on skills training
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) reinforces critical skills / adds new skills
Progression is based on FRC qualifications plus logged sea time and experience:-
- Competent crew training leads to FRC CREW qualification
- 12 metre (40 feet) coxswain training leads to FRC 12 qualification
- 18 metre (60 feet) coxswain training leads to FRC 18 qualification
Specialist skills can be added to FRC coxswain qualifications as required:-
- Type approval includes twin engines, waterjets, surface drives, catamarans
- Standard modules include coastal navigation, radar, stability, command & control
- Advanced modules include high speed navigation / helming, launch & recovery
- Specialist advanced modules include security, heli ops, riverine, test coxswain
FRC Academy utilises state-of-the-art professional training from around the world.
Please contact FRC INT if your organisation is interested in becoming an FRC Academy.
Please contact FRC INT if you want a career in the professional RIB & HSC sector.
398-400 Holdenhurst Road
Phone: +44 (0)1202 443798